Older Persons Cash Transfer (OPCT)
The Older Persons Cash Transfer (OPCT) was started in 2007.
It started as a pilot in 3 districts, in Thika and Nyando and later implemented in Busia, under the Rapid Response Initiative (RRI)-2007.
It is funded by the Government of Kenya.
To provide regular and predictable cash transfer to poor and vulnerable older persons (65 years and above) in identified deserving households.
OPCT is a national programme and currently covers 203,011 households (FY 2015/16).
- Older persons must be 65 years and above
- Must be poor and vulnerable
- Beneficiary/Household must not be enrolled in any other Cash Transfer programme
- A member of the household must not be receiving any pension and/or regular income
- A member of the household must not be in any gainful employment
KES 2,000 per household per month delivered every two months through appointed payment agent - currently the Equity Bank and Kenya Commercial Bank.